Discover Sri Lanka 06 Nights / 07 Days
Airport – Negombo
Travel Time – Approx.; 45 mins
AM - Welcome & assist by Helanka Vacations. Our Driver will pick you at the airport and transfer to Negombo.
Overnight stay at hotel in Negombo.
Negombo – Dambulla - Sigiriya
Travel Time – Approx.; 4hrs
AM - After breakfast transfer to Dambulla and visit Dambulla caves. Visit the impressive Dambulla Rock Cave Temple en-route which sits 100m to 150m above the road. The hike up to the temples begins along a vast, sloping rock face with steps in some places. The caves’ as a place of worship is thought to date from around the 1st century BC. There are five separate caves of which the interiors are carved into magnificent rock temples containing about 150 images of the Buddha. The interiors are also gilded, earning the place the name “Ran Giri” (Golden Rock).
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya – Peradeniya – Kandy
Travel Time – Approx.; 2 -3 hrs
AM - After breakfast drive to Kandy via visit Peradeniya gardens. Visit Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya – Started in 1374 as a pleasure garden of the kings of Kandy, 147 acres in extent, it has more than 4,000 species of rare and endemic trees and plants as well as the flora of the tropical world. This is a haven not only for scientists but to every nature lover too. The Spice Garden and Orchid House within the Gardens are popular with tourists.
PM - In the evening visit to see the cultural dance in Kandy. View a colorful cultural performance of Kandyan Dancers. The finale is a display of fire-walking.
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Kandy.
Kandy – Nuwara Eliya
Travel Time – Approx.; 1-2 hrs
AM - After breakfast visit temple of tooth in Kandy. Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha (Sri Dalada Maligawa), which houses the most important Relic of the Buddhists in Sri Lanka. A gold canopy was erected some years ago over the roof of the shrine room where it is place.
PM - After that drive to Nuwara Eliya. Nuwara Eliya - The ‘Little England’ of Sri Lanka, is set against beautiful backdrops of mountains, valleys, waterfalls and tea plantations and is 6,200 feet above sea level. In 1826 some British Officers out on shooting, chanced on Nuwara Eliya plains, and Sir Edward Barnes investigated on it. In 1828 a road was constructed over the ridge at Ramboda Pass and a station for convalescent soldiers was established. It was Sir Samuel Baker who fell under the spell of Nuwara Eliya, brought hounds, horses, cattle, sheep etc. and started a typical English farm here. Flowers and vegetable were brought from England and planted. It is supposed to be one of the coldest places on the Island, but is really just like an England spring day although the temperature does drop at night. The Victoria Park, in the middle of the town, is a lovely place for a stroll or a picnic. Seasons may be absent elsewhere in Sri Lanka, but here you can read them by the flowers, which bloom during spring (March to May) and fall between August and September.
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya – Galle
Travel Time – Approx.; 4-5 hrs
AM - After breakfast transfer to Galle . Galle is the capital city of the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. The town has a World Heritage Site to its name and that is predominantly responsible for its popularity with tourists. This is the 300-year-old Dutch Fort, but there are other historical buildings to view as well.
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Galle.
Galle – Hikkaduwa – Kosgoda – Colombo
Travel Time – Approx.; 2-3 hrs.
AM - After breakfast transfer to Hikkaduwa and do the Glass bottom boat ride. These are boats with patches of glass built in to the bottom, to enable the passengers to get an uninterrupted view of the underwater. And what a view it is! Hikkaduwa’s world famous coral garden is spread out in all its colourful glory. Known locally as ‘Gampara’ these take varying shapes and sizes, and are a true wonder to behold. Gliding amongst the coral you will see tropical fish and turtles who live among the coral.
PM - after that transfer to Kosgoda and do the turtle hatchery. Kosgoda is famous for its turtle hatchery- Visitors can see huge tanks filled with new born turtle hatchlings. After being fed, the baby turtles are taken to the sea and released when they are 2-4 days old, usually during the safer hours of darkness. Although October to April is the main laying season, some eggs can be found at Kosgoda throughout the year.
After that transfer to Colombo.
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Colombo.
AM - After breakfast do the city tour in Colombo. A drive through the city will take you to Fort and Pettah – the commercial area of the city and tree-lined Colombo 7 – Cinnamon Gardens. Colombo 3, 4, 5 & 8 are the prime residential areas of the City. The Hindu Temple at Sea Street – lined with goldsmith shops, the Dutch Church at Wolfendhal dating back to 1749, the historic Devatagaha Mosque, Independence Square, BMICH, Gangaramaya Temple and Colombo Museum are some of the attractions in Colombo.Proceed with a shopping tour at Odel, Laksala Crafts center, Barefoot. Sri Lanka is renowned for ‘Ceylon Tea’, ‘Ceylon Cinnamon’, spices, precious and semi-precious gems and jewelry in Silver, gold and white gold.
Overnight stay at hotel in Colombo.
Colombo – Airport
Travel Time – Approx.; 1 hr
AM - After breakfast transfer to the airport for departure.
END OF TOUR
- 07 nights’ accommodation on Bed and breakfast Single / Double / Triple sharing basis.
- Transport in an Air conditioned comfortable Vehicle.
- English speaking Chauffeur/ Guide.
- Entrance fees / Boat ride.
- Colombo city tour with shopping / Galle city tour. / Nuwara Eliya city tour.
- Complimentary ticket for Cultural Dance Kandy.
- Special Helanka Vacations gift pack.
Accommodation OPTION 1 OPTION 2 JETWING BLUE NEGOMBO JETWING SEA NEGOMBO HERITANCE KANDALAMA ALIYA RESORT SIGIRIYA EARLS REGENCY KANDY EARLS REGENT HOTEL KANDY HERITANCE TEA FACTORY ST.ANDREWS NUWARA ELIYA JETWING LIGHT HOUSE GALLE UNAWATUNA BEACH RESORT KINGSBURY HOTEL COLOMBO RAMADA HOTEL NEGOMBO
- Early checking & late checkout.
- Water Sport Activities, Horse-riding etc.
- Expenses of personal nature such as telephone, laundry, etc.
- Mineral water, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages.
- Airfares and Visa.
- All extra expenses to Hotels.
- Tips & Portage.
- All other meals.
- Camera permits (for tourist sites)
- It is advisable to confirm/make reservations early.
- General hotel check in time is 1400 hrs. and check out time is 12 noon.
- Visa – prior visa required for all nationalities other PP holders of Singapore and the Maldives. Online ETA can be obtained at www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary, will be on availability basis at the time of the confirmation of the tour. In the event the said hotels are not available , similar hotels will be provided in the same vicinity or nearest location
- Tour programs could be changed or re-routed due to natural causes or unavoidable other conditions which are beyond our control. Such changes will be done in consultation with guests locally as and when required for the best interest of the safety and comfort of guests.
- All clients are reminded to have their own travel insurance with sufficient coverage for all unforeseen tragedies. In the very unlikely event of any accident or personal injury during any part of the tour the responsibility of damage caused for any personal effects or bodily will be at clients own risk.
- Optional excursions could be provided on request as per additional, applicable rates.
- All visits to Parks, Sites, and tour places are at clients own risk.
- Jeeps used for wild life park visits are basic and are not comprehensively insured.
- Cancellation – any cancellation within 30 days prior to date of arrival will be charged for.